THE RUN Donate Now
The 38th Annual Rittner RUN Details!
Every August, the Fund hosts its annual Rittner Run both to remember Fred and to raise money in support of the Fund. We make the trek to Fryeburg, Maine, where Fred’s family used to vacation during the summers. Relay style, the group negotiates the 75 miles back to Camp Pemi. The route, over the Kancamagus Highway, through Lincoln, over the shoulder of Mt. Moosilauke, through Warren, and back to Pemi, is both scenic and challenging. Participants run as much or as little as they wish, and the spirit inspired by Fred’s example is infectious. We’ve even had bikers and rollerbladers join us! If you cannot attend, please consider a generous donation to support our efforts as we log our miles in the August heat.
WE HOPE YOU JOIN US!
Stay tuned for information about the 38th Annual Rittner Run! To RSVP, email Peter@RittnerFund.org and title the subject line “I want to RSVP for the Run” and don’t forget to provide your attendance count so we can plan accordingly. RSVP date to be determined.
75-mile relay run from Fryeburg, ME to Wentworth, NH (Camp Pemi soccer pitch)
(Feel free to run, walk, skate or bike as little or as much as you wish)
- ARRIVE at Camp Pemigewassett (Google maps link) early afternoon on the Sunday before the Run.
- WAKE early on Monday morning (breakfast provided). Depart from Pemi to Fryeburg, ME - van transportation provided, as well as water, snacks and lunch. Remember to bring a change of socks and shirt!
- THE ROUTE: 75-mile relay style run via the Kancamagus Highway from Fryeburg, ME back to Wentworth, NH. Running, walking and biking all welcomed!
- RETURN to Pemi soccer pitch by 6PM on Monday. Banquet and celebration once run concluded.
- LODGING provided Sunday/Monday night. Please bring your own bedding!
- DEPARTURE on Tuesday morning following breakfast.
$50 minimum contribution requested for attendees to defray expenses.